Week # 1
All we really started with was a whiteboard, a room and 3 families, including mine. 7 kids in total, ranging from grade 2 to grade 9.
The general timeline from memory:
- Introductions – Why we are doing this?
- Kids telling everyone, what kind of person they want to be rather than who they want to be when they grow up. They were also given homework to write about this and sent it through to us.
- What kind of issues they are having at school, in terms of study and otherwise.
- Quickly touching on a few topics involving morality and ethics.
- Why is it bad to judge people.
By the end of it, we realised that this is going to be harder than we thought because the group was diverse and we actually didn’t really have any idea what we were doing.