Recap: Week 17

Week 17 brought the end of my first and last Naplan ever, as a group we discussed as to how we could convey a message through Morse code and watched a video about how we don’t use only 10% of our brain.

Morse code is a character encoding scheme used in telecommunication that encodes text characters as a series of dots and dashes. It is used all around the world and the most common method of transmitting and receiving the code is through electric current, radio waves, visible light or sound waves. In case of an emergency, the code “SOS” can be signalled through tapping or by turning a light on and off. Many personal, especially in the armed forces, learn the Morse code by and heart can use it at any point and time.

Many people say that humans only use 10% of their brain but that is not true. We need to use our entire brain to be able to function properly. The 10% could just be used for thinking, whereas the other 90% is used to complete the basic needs of our body for survival. If we were to use 100% of our brain to think, then our body would seize to function as there is nothing telling our heart and lungs to work. All humans have similar brains and we all use it completely. The difference between someone like Einstein and a regular human being is how much knowledge they have. This means that if someone worked hard enough then they could easily become as smart as Einstein.

Leave a Reply