Welcome back to season 2 of our adventure. We were missing a couple of families today but we should be back to our full strength in a few weeks!
We all talk about the “self”, we talk about “me” and our personality. I wanted to discuss with the kids what it meant to be “me”. We covered a few areas:
- What is “truth”?
- Can there be more versions of the truth?
- What is “fact”?
- What we confuse as “truth”, is it possible its only an opinion?
- If “truth” can have many versions, then we should be more accepting of other people’s truth and not completely discard them because our truth is different.
- Can a new version of the truth be created, if you get enough people to lie with you?
- If we start replacing parts of a car called “Matilda”, to the point where all parts have been replaced, would it still be called “Matilda”?
- Is it the brain that defines us?
- Is it the body?
- What happens if you transplant one person’s brain into a different body?
- How do you feel about clones?
- Do experiences and memories physically change our brain?
- Can the brain survive on its own in a machine?
- What’s the “soul”? Where does it live?
- How come we all feel the room temperature differently when we are sitting in the same place?
- Given that Valentine’s day was pretty recent, why do we see the heart shape everywhere?
- How do emotions manifest physically?
- If the brain is the most important part of the brain, how come we don’t take care of it like the rest of the body?
- “Fear is learned” … a life-changing revelation, what does that tell us?
- What does it mean to be open-minded?
- What does it mean to be tolerant?
- How can we justify that humans are better than animals?
- What does it mean to be human?
An interesting conversation, hopefully, got the kids thinking about a few things.
Birthday Wishes for Adil
An opportunity to celebrate and eat cake should never be wasted! So we celebrated Adil’s birthday along with our first session!
Write a few lines about “What does it mean to be human?”