- Get a piece of cardboard and cut it into a circle, the size should be as big as your palm. If you have small hands, 2 cm bigger than your palm would be fine.
- Make 8 slits in the circle and a hole in the middle.
- Cut 7 pieces of yarn (any colour you like), each should be 60 cm.
- Gather all your strings of yarn and tie 1 knot at the end of all (together) the strings, leave 2 cm as a tail.
5. Insert the yarn into the hole of your cardboard disc.
6. The knot should be on the back side of your disc. Spread the strings of yarn into the slits you made earlier, there should be one slit that doesn’t have any yarn.
7. Now, count three from the slit you don’t have yarn on, which ever slit you land on, you have to pick the strand of yarn from there and replace it in the slit with no strand of yarn. It is a bit confusing.
8. Continue doing that, you will slowly start to realise that there is a bracelet forming at the bottom of your disc. It should look a bit like a braid. Make the bracelet as long as your wrist. It is really easy if you think about it. You will get used to it your first few tries. This is called weaving.
9. Once you’re done then take the yarn of your disc.
10. Tie another knot at the other end of your yarns.
11. Leave 2cm and then tie another knot there.
12. Wearing the bracelet. You might want some help. Ask a friend or a family member to grab the end of the bracelet that has one knot, pull it in between the 2 knots on the other end.
I hope that these instructions helped you make a cool bracelet, share this idea with friends and family so that you all could have matching bracelets!